Have you always dreamed of bright white teeth but don’t know why they are off white or yellow?
The Answer is simple “Anything That Stains Your White T-shirt will stain your teeth”.
Find out about the foods that Stain your teeth below:
1) Tea Or Coffee : Tea and Coffee especially Black Tea causes Discoloration of your teeth. switch to Green tea, to avoid stains.
2) Cola’s and Sports drinks: Both Sports drinks as well as cola’s have very high acidic content which causes the enamel in the teeth to erode and result in staining or discoloration. Try to avoid these or drink them with a straw to save staining the front teeth, replace these with water.
3) Wine : Red wine is both acidic and intensely Pigmented, it has molecules called chromogens and tannins which are harmful and cause tooth discoloration.White wine does not have these strong pigments but it has acidic properties to cause stains if not taken in moderation.
4) Gravy’s and sauces: Asian food has a lot of curries, gravy’s which contain Turmeric which is the cause of the yellow discoloration of the teeth,sauces like soy sauce,tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar also have the same effect.
5) Beetroot: Beetroot has a number of nutritional properties but consuming beetroot in liquid or juice form is not great for your teeth as it is very concentrated and stains your teeth immediately, try to eat it rather than drinking the juice.
6) Popsicle’s or Colored Candies: If you feel like indulging in candy-pops then it would be better to avoid deep colored candies like a berry flavor and go for lemon one, a sugar free Gum with no artificial colors is a healthier option to go with.
7) Cigarettes and Tobacco: Smoking and smoke free tobacco both cause your teeth to stain